In recent years, there has been increasing interest in applying digital games to such contexts as healthcare, sports, occupational therapies and rehabilitation. Although much has been debated about its use in non-entertainment spaces (e.g. schools, enterprises), much less is known about their role in assisting daily life routines, encouraging healthier habits or lifestyles and bringing immersion and motivation to sports, healthcare and wellbeing services. Therefore, this workshop aims to foster discussion on the use of game thinking and playful elements to assist daily life activities, everyday challenges and healthcare issues, mainly for sensitive populations (e.g. older adults, people suffering from chronic conditions).
• Cognitive health;
• Disease self-management;
• Games for cognitive assessment;
• Games for social interaction studies;
• Health behavior change; Healthcare;
• Healthy Aging;
• Information literacy in healthcare;
• Nutrition education;
• Therapy Games and Rehabilitation;
• Training and learning;
• (… but not exclusively)
• All papers for the special track “DIGITAL GAMES IN ASSISTIVE ENVIRONMENTS” will be submitted directly to the organizer
• No special track papers are to be submitted through the TISHW 2016 website.
• Ana Beatriz Bahia, Casthalia Digital Art Studio, Florianópolis, Brazil
• Ana Carla Amaro, DeCA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Beatriz Sousa Santos, DETI, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Carlos Martinho, IST, University of Lisbon, Portugal
• Carsten Moller, University of Cologne, Germany
• Célia Soares, ISMAI, Portugal
• Esteban Clua, University Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Brazil
• Eugene Loos, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Frutuoso Silva, DI, University of Beira Interior, Portugal
• Josemar Rodrigues de Souza, University of Estado da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
• Leonel Morgado, University Aberta, Portugal
• Luiz Adolfo Andrade, University of Estado da Bahia, Juazeiro, Brazil
• Lynn Alves, Universidade do Estado da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
• Marcelo Silva de Souza Ribeiro, Universidade Federal do Vale do Francisco - UNIVASF, Petrolina, Brasil
• Mário Vairinhos, DeCA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Oscar Mealha, DeCA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Pedro A. Santos, IST, University of Lisbon
• Pedro Amado, DeCA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Pedro Beça University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Rui Costa, ESSUA, University of Aveiro, Portugal
• Rui Prada, IST, University of Lisbon, Portugal
• Ruth Espinosa, INCOM-UAB-Uvic, Barcelona, Spain
• Sonia Ferreira, Institute Polytechnic of Viseu, Portugal
Important Dates (extended deadline)
• Papers should be submitted until JUNE 20, 2016 >> JUNE 27, 2016.
• Authors will be notified of acceptance until JULY 18, 2016.
• Deadline for registration and camera ready papers: JULY 29, 2016.
• TISHW 2016 conference: DECEMBER 1-3, 2016.