The 17th FHAANZ Conference invites papers and panel suggestions from scholars, archivists, educators, policymakers, filmmakers and post-graduate students on any aspect of screen studies and film history. Suggested topics for the 2015 conference include, but are not limited to:
* Screen history
* Australian cinema 1999 - 2015
* Realism and documentary
* Digital media: online and mobile screen content, social media, digital distribution
* Television aesthetics, genres and ethics
* Sound and the screen
* Screen theory and philosophy
* Creative practice and production
* Aesthetic cycles, genres, key thematic and stylistic concerns
* Reimagining landscape
* Production, distribution, exhibition, audiences
* Screen education, industry frameworks and policy settings
Abstracts for individual papers and for pre-constituted panels (of up to four speakers) are welcomed on any of the conference themes listed above.
For papers, please submit an abstract of 150-200 words and a bio of 50 words for each presenter, using the abstract template.
For panel proposals please submit a proposal for a panel comprising 3-4 speakers (3 x 20 min or 4 x 15 min papers). Please provide a descriptive title for the panel, abstracts of 150-200 words each and a bio of 50 words for each presenter, using the panel proposal template.
Call for papers:
Open: Monday 27 October 2014
Close: Friday 27 February 2015
Presenters notified: Friday 27 March 2015