• Aumentar o tamanho da fonte
  • Tamanho padrão da fonte
  • Diminuir tamanho da fonte
O CIMJ passou a integrar, com o CECL, o Pólo CIC.Digital da FCSH, agora em fase de institucionalização.

Improvements needed to integrate the "human factor" into Horizon2020 work programme

Science Europe’s Scientific Committee for the Humanities has published an opinion paper denouncing a systematic failure to integrate humanities disciplines into the Societal Challenges of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2014-15.

The paper investigates and analyses the extent to which work programmes for the challenges have facilitated such integration so far. It shows that over 90% of the topics are actually not open to the humanities and the range of humanities expertise being called upon in the remaining 10% of the topics is rather narrow. The report adds that humanities is mostly seen in a “translational role” as the final step from research to market, rather than being an integral part of the research process.

“The committee strongly supports Horizon 2020’s Societal Challenges,” said Professor Kirsten Drotner, chair of the committee and co-author of the opinion paper. “This is why we have continually been pointing to an important precondition that is essential to the ultimate success of the challenges: the full and systematic integration of the ‘human factor’ at all stages of the research process.”

The committee insists on the importance of such integration because it has already been proven to have made a significant difference to a broad range of social issues. The paper proposes a coherent portfolio of actions that would enable collaborations of this kind to be included in subsequent work programmes and consequently improve the quality of the responses to the challenges.

“If our proposed actions are adopted, there will be a real possibility for breakthroughs and discoveries that will help us to understand and bring about change,” the paper says. “Above all, this will lead to a better understanding of how to bring about the fundamental changes in our behaviour that are needed to make progress towards the Societal Challenges.”

More information:

http://horizon2020projects.com/societal-challenges/improvements-needed-to-integrate-the-human-factor-into-work-programme/

 

 

NOTÍCIAS

Programa Born from Knowledge
O Ministério da Ciência, Tecnologia e Ensino Superior (MCTES) promove o programa Born from Knowledge, através do qual se associa ao Web Summit. O programa reúne um conjunto de iniciativas, entre...
Aquele outro Mundo que é o Mundo - Bolsa de criação jornalística
Estão abertas as candidaturas para a atribuição de uma bolsa de criação jornalística que visa promover condições para a realização de uma experiência de reportagem sobre temas relacionados com o Desenvolvimento. “Aquele...

CALLS

Extended Deadline - CFP - Special Track “Digital games in Assistive Environments” in TISHW 2016 - (27 junho 2016)
In recent years, there has been increasing interest in applying digital games to such contexts as healthcare, sports, occupational therapies and rehabilitation. Although much has been debated about its use in...
I Seminário de História da Comunicação - Universidade do Minho | 25 de outubro de 2016
Termina no dia 15 DE JUNHO o período de submissão de propostas ao I Seminário do GT de História da Comunicação da Sopcom, que o CECS organiza na Universidade do Minho....

EVENTOS

Apresentação do livro 'Gender in focus: (new) trends in media' 7 de junho, Braga
O livro 'Gender in focus: (new) trends in media', editado por Carla Cerqueira, Rosa Cabecinhas e Sara I. Magalhães, que explora as interrelações e negociações entre comunicação (mediática) e género, sobretudo...
PLUNC 2016
OPEN CALL - PLUNC 2016 - Festival de Novos Media e Artes Digitais. A segunda edição do PLUNC vai ser realizada de 29 de Setembro a 2 de Outubro, nas zonas...